About My Bill

Every customer receives equal treatment.

We welcome the chance to explain or clarify our rules, regulations or procedures.

If you have questions, please contact Customer Services at 402.554.6666

Customers may view their bills, payments, and account history over the past 24 months by logging into their account.

You will receive your M.U.D. bill at approximately the same time each month. If you don’t receive it, submit a request or call 402.554.6666 for a duplicate. You may also view a PDF file of your bill through MY ACCOUNT/BILL PAY

  • Financial Assistance

    If you’re having trouble paying your M.U.D. bill, please call 402.554.6666 to discuss payment arrangements. Click the link below for more information on State assistance and our Home Fund.

  • Third Party Notification

    If you know someone who may face the possibility of shut-off, ask that person to list you on the Third Party Notification. If a shut-off notice is mailed, you’ll receive a copy. While you are not responsible for the bill, it gives you a chance to help out. Call 402.554.6666 for more information about Third Party Notification.

  • Shut-Off Policy

    The District shuts off service only as a last resort. We will work with customers to set up individual payment arrangements. For those who can’t pay, we may be able to connect them with sources of assistance. Call 402.554.6666 to make arrangements if you have received a shut off notice, or contact us.

Customer Service

  • Why do you charge reconnect fees?

    Reconnection fees are charged to pay for a portion of the service technician’s time associated with the reconnect and to establish the new account in our system. For current fee information, check the Billing Price book on the Rates & Fees page.

  • May I change the due date on my bill?

    No. The due date is determined by when your meter is read and based on a certain number of days from which a bill is generated.

  • Will you take a post-dated check?

    No. Post-dated checks are not considered legal tender.

  • What is therm billing?

    Therm billing is an equitable method of billing for the natural gas you buy from us, based on the energy content of the gas.

    Natural gas expands in volume depending on the elevation of your home or business. Also, our gas comes from different wellfields, therefore energy content can vary.

    By recognizing these two variables and converting them to British thermal units (Btus), you pay for the amount of energy used instead of the volume of gas.

  • Do I still receive a bill if my payment is deducted from my checking or savings account?

    Yes. You will receive a bill statement approximately 15 days before the payment is withdrawn from your financial institution. This gives you time to contact us if you have a question about the bill.

  • Is a signed application required to begin M.U.D. service?

    No. By accepting service from us, you show that you accept and agree to the terms and conditions of our service agreement. This does not change any other agreements you may have with M.U.D.

  • Is a security deposit required to begin M.U.D. service?

    If you are a residential customer, a security deposit or a way to waive deposit is required. Ways to waive the deposit include:

    • Previous Customer – prior customer with good payment history
    • Current customer with good payment history
    • Letter of credit reference from another utility, showing the last year’s good payment history
    • Co-signer – a personal guarantor – must be a current M.U.D. customer with recent 24 months of excellent payment history
    • Homeowner – first-time M.U.D. customer purchasing real estate
    • Recurring payments – customer must sign up online for recurring eCheck within 30 days of starting service

    If a security deposit is required, arrangements must be made before we can open an account. After 12 consecutive months of timely payments, the residential deposit will be refunded upon request to your account.

    A form of security deposit is required for all new commercial accounts. Commercial customers have the option to use a cash deposit as a form of security, an irrevocable letter of credit from a bank, or a surety bond from an insurance company. We will refund the deposit on commercial accounts upon request following three years of timely bill payments.

    For more details, please call Customer Service at 402.554.6666 or email us at [email protected].

  • Why do I get charged something on my bill when I have been gone or not used any gas or water?

    There is a minimum service charge for gas and water to cover costs for meter maintenance and replacement; leak detection; maintenance and replacement of mains and services; meter reading; billing and Credit Services.

  • What happens if I fail to pay my M.U.D. bill?

    You may receive notice that you are subject to shutoff. For bill paying arrangements, call Customer Service, 402.554.6666. Business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.

    Once service/services are shut off for non-payment please contact Customer Service to make arrangements for payment. If paying on-line or through the IVR phone option, this will not automatically restore your service.  You must call Customer Service to verify payment and set an appointment for service activation. Your services will be turned back on promptly.

    If a shut-off of your utilities occurs for non-payment, there is a turn-on fee. The fee is posted in the Billing Price Book, updated annually. To access the book, visit the Rates & Fees page.

  • What other business locations will accept M.U.D. bill payments?

    Please visit our Ways to Pay page for information about Walmart Pay locations.

  • Is there assistance available for paying City of Omaha sewer fees?

    A fund was created by the City of Omaha in 2011 to help low-income customers.

    Residents who qualify for Nebraska’s Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will also qualify for sewer rate assistance, which is reflected on their M.U.D. bill.

    For assistance, go online to ACCESSNebraska at dhhs-access-neb-menu.ne.gov/start or call 402.595.1258 (Omaha area) or 1.800.383.4278 (Outside Omaha). Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.

Want to see how M.U.D rates compare to the rest of the nation?

Want to see how M.U.D rates compare to the rest of the nation?


24/7 Gas and Water Emergencies

Customer Service (7:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m., M-F)

24/7 Meter Reading Hotline