November 2022 Bill Insert: Extended Customer Service Hours
Extended Customer Service Hours
We’re working to better serve you. Now through December 31, our weekday Customer Service call center hours will be extended one hour from 7:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
This pilot program will be used to determine the need for extended hours based upon volume and customer feedback. For self-service and additional payment options, please visit our Ways to Pay page.
Tips to Prepare for Winter and Help Lower Your Bill
As colder weather arrives, there are steps you can take to conserve energy and lower your heating bills. To avoid bill fluctuations, enroll in the Budget Payment Plan, which allows you to pay the same bill amount every month.
- Have your heating system serviced annually. Properly operating appliances also help prevent carbon monoxide from escaping into your home.
- Lower your thermostat. The Department of Energy estimates savings of about 1% for each degree of thermostat adjustment per 8 hours. (Note: People with health concerns may want to raise the thermostat to prevent hypothermia.)
- Clean or replace furnace filters once a month or as needed
- Lower your water heater to 120 degrees.
- Switch to the cold temperature setting when doing your laundry.
- Clean warm-air registers. Ensure they are not blocked by furniture, carpet or drapes.
- Keep drapes and shades on south-facing windows open during the day for warm sunlight. Close them at night.
- Check ducts for air leaks. Seal leaks around doors, windows and other openings. Make sure you have plenty of insulation in walls and the attic.
- Replace an older furnace with a high-efficiency natural gas model. It can lower heating costs 30% or more.
If you are facing financial hardships please contact Customer Service at 402.554.6666 to discuss your account.
For information on utility assistance programs, visit our Utility Assistance page.
Download the insert