My Account Help
What can I do with my account?My Account provides customers with 24-hour access to your billing and account information. You can view and pay your bill online, review account activity and utility use for the past 24 months, and update account information. Once you have completed the My Account registration process, you can take full advantage of these convenient online services.Please Note: Access to the M.U.D. website is currently restricted from IPOs outside of the United States. When located outside of the U.S., please use one of our many other payment options.
How do I register for My Account?
Please have a recent utility bill available, click New User Registration and complete the registration form. Your account number is in the upper left-hand corner of your printed bill. In addition to the account number, residential customers will need the last four digits of the primary account holder’s social security number, while commercial customers will need the last four digits of the entity’s EIN (employer identification number). Your e-mail address will serve as your Username. Enter your first and last names as you want them to appear when using My Account; this is how you will be identified and greeted online. Once you complete the questions, click the Register button and account registration is complete. Following registration, you will receive an e-mail containing a web-link to activate your account. Once activated, you can login to My Account using your Username and password.
Why is my registration being rejected when I enter the last 4 digits of my SSN/EIN?
The SSN/EIN digits will be rejected if they do not match your account information. For residential customers, we maintain SSN information on the primary account holder. For commercial customers, we maintain EIN information associated with the entity. If you are a residential customer please use the last 4 digits of the primary account holder’s SSN. If you are a commercial customer please use the last 4 digits of the entity’s EIN. If you continue to have registration problems due to the SSN/EIN, please contact Customer Service at 402.554.6666 during regular business hours to update your account information.
How do I create a Username and password?
Your e-mail address serves as your Username. Simply follow the instructions and complete the fields under New User Registration, enter your e-mail address and a password of your choice. Your password should be from eight to 15 characters long; passwords are case-sensitive.
What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you can reset it using a simple online process. Click Reset Password on the My Account page and follow the instructions. You must provide certain information to identify your account and answer the security question you selected during the registration process. A confirmation e-mail will be mailed to you noting the change to your account information.
What if I change my e-mail address or username?
Since your e-mail address is also your Username, you will need to update your account information right away. To update your account, click Forgot/Change Username and enter the old username, new username and last four digits of Social Security number. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you noting the change to your account information.
I have several different accounts for which I am responsible. How do I handle this online?
During the My Account registration process, all of your active accounts are automatically linked to your My Account Username. If you have more than one account, a list of available active accounts is displayed upon login as a drop-down list. Simply select the account you want to view from the available list. If you have multiple customer accounts, each such account must be registered with a unique e-mail address to obtain My Account access.
Consumption, Bill and Payment History
What can I view under Consumption History?
You can view the last 24-month consumption/use of gas and water products on the Consumption History tile. In addition, you can view sewer or trash products if you are billed for these services. To view each service, select the drop-down list option in the top center of the page. You also can view the charts in column or line format by selecting the drop-down list option in the top right hand corner. Lastly, you can adjust the time period view by selecting the scroll bar below the chart.
How do I view my bill online?
The prior 24 months of billing statements are available in PDF format. From the Bill History page, click on the link representing the month and year of the bill you wish to view. You will be prompted to open or save the statement image. Statements can be viewed using Adobe Reader. Get Adobe Reader free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Can I view my past online bills and payments?
The last 24 months of account activity is available online. Payment history information is found in the Payment History page.
Can I print my bill?
Yes! Bill images are stored in Adobe PDF format; printing a paper copy is easy. Simply select and view the bill of your choice, then use the print function of Adobe Reader to print the bill to your local printer.
Web Browser Limitations
Which web browsers are supported?
While many different web browsers are available, this site is tested and supported for use with most current browsers (ie. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari). If you are using an alternative browser, you may not be able to complete certain transactions offered by the site. In addition, due to security vulnerabilities associated with all major browsers, use of the site is restricted to the most current browsers.
Why am I unable to view or print the monthly bills?
Monthly statements utilize Adobe PDF technology, a suitable viewer, such as Adobe Reader, is needed to view these documents. Get Adobe Reader free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc.
How do I pay my bill online?
Use your Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards to make an online payment. Two payment mechanisms are available. One-time payments can be made directly from the My Account home page; registration is not required to use the one-time payment feature. Click on One-Time Payment and complete the account, cardholder, and payment information. Registered users can make payments while logged in by entering payment information in the One-Time Payment link. Once the credit card payment is authorized, a payment receipt will be sent via e-mail. For instructions on how to register for recurring eCheck or debit/credit card payment, click here.
How long does it take to process my online credit card payment?
Payments made before 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, are applied to your account and settled the same day. Payments made after 6 p.m. or on the weekend, are applied to your account and settled on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Do you charge a fee for using a credit card?
No, there are no fees for enrolling in My Account or using our online bill payment service.
Can I arrange to have my online payments made automatically each month?
Yes, recurring eCheck or debit/credit card payments are available through My Account. For instructions on how to register for recurring payment, click here.
Can I pay any day I choose, as long as it is before the due date?
Yes, online payment can be made at any hour of the day, any day of the week. Payments made before 6 p.m. Monday through Friday are applied to your account and settled the same day. Payments made after 6 p.m. or on the weekend, are applied to your account and settled on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Can I make a partial payment?
You can make a partial payment on your bill by entering the amount you choose to pay in the Pay My Bill or One-Time Payment link. Any remaining balance not paid by the due date may be subject to a late fee. If you have questions about our late payment or credit policies, please contact Customer Service at 402.554.6666.
Can I make an over payment?
If desired, you can use the online payment feature to make an advance payment. Most credit card companies discourage using a card to make an advance payment. By making such payment, you agree and consent you are making the advance payment of your own desire. Any advance payment will be reflected in the account summary balance information.
Privacy and Security
How is the security of my personal information and online payment transaction protected?
Protecting customers’ privacy and providing security within our online environment is very important, We take great precautions to safeguard your personal information and online financial transactions. Measures we take include:
- Password and Security Protection – Through the registration process on our secure Web Site, you select your own password. This information is never exposed outside of our secure site. A two-step registration/activation process is used to confirm the enrollee identity and further safeguard your security.
- Limited Access and Procedural Safeguards – Our policies and procedures comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. Online access to individual account and customer information is restricted solely to the account holder who has registered and provided a Username and password. Limited access is also provided to trained company professionals who service accounts. All individuals who handle sensitive data, whether employees or affiliates, are subject to our strict confidentiality requirements.
- SSL Encryption – all online transactions are processed using secure servers and all communication is encrypted between our secure servers and your PC.
- Credit Card/Bank Information – If a customer chooses to store their bank/credit card information in the Wallet for future use, the third-party payment vendor maintains this information in their secure system.
Will you give my personal information to third parties?
We do not provide your name and customer information to any third parties that may want to solicit your business. Your enrollment in My Account will not expose you to unwanted e-mail from outside businesses.
How can I prevent spam filters from blocking My Account e-mail notifications?
Spam blocking will vary depending upon your choice of e-mail software and to which Internet Service Provider (ISP) you subscribe. Below are suggestions for commonly used e-mail software.
- AOL customers – add our e-mail address ([email protected]) to your AOL address book. Just click on the address book in your e-mail account, copy it to your list of addresses and click “add.”
- Yahoo customers – If our e-mails are being redirected to your Spam folder, you can instruct your SpamGuard Plus Filter to recognize it as “good mail” by clicking the “Not Spam” button. Adding our e-mail address ([email protected]) to your address book may also help.
- Hotmail/MSN Customers – Add our e-mail address ([email protected]) to your contact folder or e-mail address book so the Spam Inspector automatically accepts it. Classify our e-mails in the “friends” category so they aren’t mistaken as “enemies” and blocked. Use the “Not Spam” button if our e-mails are incorrectly classified as Spam in your bulk folder.
- GMail – If you find our e-mail message wrongly classified as spam, you can unmark the message. Just select the message and click on the “Not Spam” button found at the top of your Spam folder. You can prevent future messages from going to your Spam folder by adding our e-mail address ([email protected]) to your Contacts list.
- Other ISPs – If your ISP offers a “Friends List,” “Allowed List” or similar way to classify incoming e-mail, be sure to add our e-mail address (web[email protected]) to that list as well as to your address book.