Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

What other issues should I consider when having a water leak repaired?

If the service supplies water to more than one premise, such as two houses, decisions are between the parties involved. You need to work with the other parties to determine who pays what and who is responsible for what.

If your plumber finds the water main is leaking, not the service, we will repair the water main. You may file a claim with M.U.D.'s legal department for charges billed to you by your plumber. The determination of whether the claim will be honored will be made on a case by case basis.

If your property does not front a water main, or your water service is not connected to the water main that fronts your property, you may have a "private water service line." Rules governing private water service lines are slightly different than for a regular water service. Depending upon the extent of the repair, there may be additional administrative requirements and fees that must be paid before repairs can be done. Your plumber can advise you.