Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Which chemicals in the water should concern pond owners?

According to Todd Kallhoff, owner of The Pond Guy, all ponds need a biological filter to remove the ammonia via the nitrogen cycle. De-chlorinators are not necessary unless pond owners increase their pond's water capacity by more than 5 percent at one time.

Tests should ensure the pH, or acidity and alkalinity levels are in the neutral range of 5.6 to 7.4.