Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

What is M.U.D. doing about Cr-6 in the drinking water?

The EPA is working on regulating Cr-6. They expect to have an MCL for Cr-6 by the end of 2011 or early 2012. The District will take whatever steps are necessary to comply with the regulation.

The District has initiated the process with the EPA to develop an effective monitoring program. The District also maintains close communication with Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Douglas County Health Department to ensure the safety of the water.

To see the latest Water Quality Report, visit the Water tab.