Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

What happens if M.U.D. contracts with a plumber to shut off the service at the main?

If the work is not completed within the allotted time period, we contract a licensed master plumber to shut off the service. The work is scheduled in seven to 10 working days. You are notified as to who will do the work and when.

If you decide to have the work done by your plumber, it must be completed before our contracted plumber arrives on site. If you contract with the District's plumber to do the repair work, the agreement and payment will be between you and the plumber.

Keep in mind that all the District's contracted plumber will do is dig to the water main and shut off the service at the corporation. The excavation would be left open for four days.

If no one contacts the District's plumber to complete the repairs, the plumber will fill the excavation, and if needed, have the street or sidewalk repaired. This work is billed to M.U.D. by the plumber. The District then bills the property owner.