Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Is there an MCL for Cr-6?

The EPA has set the MCL for total chromium at 100 ppb. This includes all forms of chromium (Cr-3 and Cr-6). The state of Nebraska adopted the standard. The regulation does not require differentiation between Cr-3 and Cr-6. The MCL is based on levels that may cause “allergic dermatitis.”

Research shows Cr-6 may cause an irritation at levels around 25-50 ppb and may have a cancer effect at levels in excess of 10 ppm (parts per million). One part per million is 1,000 parts per billion and corresponds to 1 minute in 2 years or 1 penny in $10 thousand.

To see the latest Water Quality Report, visit the Water tab.