Emergency Hotline:

402.554.7777

24 hours a day / 7 days a week


What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:
EMERGENCY (EMERGENCIA)

Should I be concerned about the chlorine in the water I use for baths or showers?

No, for three reasons:

Chlorine will not be absorbed into the skin and get into your body.

The amount of chlorine in the water is too low to harm the skin itself. More chlorine is found in swimming pools than in tap water.

There have not been any reports of danger from breathing the chlorine that gets into the air during a shower.

To see the latest Water Quality Report, visit the Water tab.