Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

How can I reduce my exposure to Cr-6 in drinking water?

The most effective way to reduce Cr-6 in water is through reverse osmosis. Certain ion exchange filters also have been shown to be effective at its removal. Theoretically, activated carbon should remove Cr-6, however this has not been proven.

(The District does not recommend or endorse any type of point of use device as described above. CAUTION: All point of use devices should be professionally installed and maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serious illness may result if the product is not installed and maintained properly.)

To see the latest Water Quality Report, visit the Water tab.