Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Can I plant flowers or shrubs by my M.U.D. meters?

Flowers or shrubs that are planted near outside meters or by the glass block should be low to the ground and should not impede access to the front of the meter in order for us to read the meters or do repair work on them. When we need to change a meter or a gas regulator, we need to be able to kneel in front of the meter set. If the shrub is blocking the meter set front, we may need to remove it to do our work. More information can be found in our Gas Rules under "Related Resources".