Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

How do I know if I already have an excess flow valve (EFV)?

Federal law did not require EFVs to be installed on newly constructed homes until June 2008. If your home was built prior to June 2008, you most likely do not have an EFV installed on the service line to your home. Customers who want to have an EFV installed on their service line that was installed prior to June 2008 may do so at their expense.

You most likely already have an EFV installed if:

  • Your home/building was built since June 2008
  • Your gas service line was replaced since June 2008

You may call Customer Service at 402.554.6666 to verify if you have an EFV on your service line.