Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

What is therm billing?

Therm billing is an equitable method of billing for the natural gas you buy from us, based on the energy content of the gas.

Natural gas expands in volume depending on the elevation of your home or business. Also, our gas comes from different wellfields, therefore energy content can vary.

By recognizing these two variables and converting them to British thermal units (Btus), you pay for the amount of energy used instead of the volume of gas.