Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week



24 horas del día / 7 días de la semana (24/7)

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.


Las fugas de gas, el olor a gas, las tuberías de gas dañadas, los síntomas de monóxido de carbono y roturas en las tuberías principales de agua son consideradas emergencias.

Si huele a gas, NO trate de localizar la fuga/escape. Al contrario, abandone la casa o el edificio inmediatamente. No utilice los interruptores eléctricos, electrodomésticos, luces, teléfonos o equipos móviles, ya que una carga eléctrica podría provocar una chispa. Una vez que se encuentre en un lugar seguro, entonces llame a la línea directa de emergencia de M.U.D. al 402.554.7777 o al 9-1-1.

Si alguien tiene síntomas de envenenamiento causados por el monóxido de carbono, llame al 9-1-1 inmediatamente. Los síntomas son como los de la gripe/catarro.

Si tiene una emergencia relacionada con el agua, llame al 402.554.7777. Nuestro personal está listo para ayudarle, 24/7. Cuando dude o crea que hay una emergencia, llámenos de inmediato.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Search Results

Displaying 1 - 10 of 10

About My Bill

Many customers inquire about how to read their M.U.D. bill.  We provide a visual of your bill on our website that shows how each area of your bill is broken down. Visit how to read my bill and hover over each section with your mouse to see the explanation. You will receive your M.U.D. bill at…

About My Bill

You will receive your M.U.D. bill at approximately the same time each month. If you don’t receive it, e-mail or call 402.554.6666 for a duplicate. You also may view a PDF file of your bill through MY ACCOUNT/BILL PAY.  M.U.D. provides a cost-saving service to municipalities by collecting sewer use…

How To Read My Bill

Sewer billing Each municipality sets its sewer use rates. Municipalities include: Bellevue, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Omaha (including the unincorporated portion of Douglas County), Ralston and Sarpy County. Metropolitan Utilities District is the billing agent that invoices and collects sewer…

How do I understand my Budget Plan on my bill?

Budget Plan is shown on the top right hand section of your bill.  TOTAL DUE: The Budget Plan payment amount that was determined when you signed up.  This amount is recalculated every year on your Budget Plan anniversary. CURRENT BUDGET VARIANCE:  Actual charges for the month minus the budget…

May I change the due date on my bill?

No. The due date is determined by when your meter is read and based on a certain number of days from which a bill is generated.

My Account FAQs

  I tried to access My Account and it is not working, why? “Pay My Bill” tile is not working, why? How do I disable pop-up blocker for accessing "Pay My Bill" and "View Bill"? The new My Account website does not work properly on some devices? Can I change my “Username”? How can I unlock my account…

Will the installation of an excess flow valve increase my gas use and my bill amount?

No. Installing an excess flow valve will neither increase nor decrease natural gas consumption at your home or business.

M.U.D. changing meter reading routes to improve efficiencies

Billing cycle, due date may change for some customers As part of efforts to improve business processes and increase efficiencies, the Metropolitan Utilities District will adjust meter reading routes across its service area starting in February. Approximately 40,000 customers will see changes in…

Why do I get charged something on my bill when I have been gone or not used any gas or water?

There is a minimum service charge for gas and water to cover costs for meter maintenance and replacement; leak detection; maintenance and replacement of mains and services; meter reading; billing and Credit Services.

My Account Help

*/   My Account About My Account Registering for My Account access Creating a Username and password Forgotten password Changing My Account information Managing multiple accounts Consumption, Bill and Payment History Viewing bills online Viewing past bills and payments Printing bills Web Browser…