Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week



24 horas del día / 7 días de la semana (24/7)

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.


Las fugas de gas, el olor a gas, las tuberías de gas dañadas, los síntomas de monóxido de carbono y roturas en las tuberías principales de agua son consideradas emergencias.

Si huele a gas, NO trate de localizar la fuga/escape. Al contrario, abandone la casa o el edificio inmediatamente. No utilice los interruptores eléctricos, electrodomésticos, luces, teléfonos o equipos móviles, ya que una carga eléctrica podría provocar una chispa. Una vez que se encuentre en un lugar seguro, entonces llame a la línea directa de emergencia de M.U.D. al 402.554.7777 o al 9-1-1.

Si alguien tiene síntomas de envenenamiento causados por el monóxido de carbono, llame al 9-1-1 inmediatamente. Los síntomas son como los de la gripe/catarro.

Si tiene una emergencia relacionada con el agua, llame al 402.554.7777. Nuestro personal está listo para ayudarle, 24/7. Cuando dude o crea que hay una emergencia, llámenos de inmediato.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Search Results

Displaying 1 - 10 of 34

Gas Contractors

This outline serves as an overview of the requirements necessary for Contractors seeking to perform work within the District’s Natural Gas Distribution System. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Stephanie L. Henn, P.E., at (402) 504-7902 or by e-mail. Natural gas…

Contractor Services

At Metropolitan Utilities District, we believe in supporting the economic growth and development of the communities we serve. If you’re expanding or relocating in our service area, contact one of our representatives to see how we can be a solution for you. For your convenience the following forms…

What should I do if I have a sewer lateral blockage?

If your sewer lateral blockage occurs after receiving a pink warning tag from M.U.D. but before one of our contractors performs a sewer lateral inspection, immediately call M.U.D.’s 24-hour emergency number at 402.554.7777 and our dispatchers will send one of our contractors to perform an…

What should I do if a contractor contacts me regarding a sewer lateral inspection?

M.U.D. currently has contracts with Backlund Plumbing and Roto-Rooter to perform sewer lateral inspections. It is possible one of these two contractors will call to schedule an inspection. These two companies will also be placing orange information tags on homes where inspections are needed. Please…

How is M.U.D. performing sewer lateral inspections?

M.U.D. is currently using several contractors to visually inspect sewer laterals. One type of contractor inserts a small camera into a home’s sewer lateral and pushes the camera from the home to the city’s mainline sanitary sewer. The camera is typically inserted into the sewer lateral through a…

My Business

Welcome to the Metropolitan Utilities District! We are a customer-owned, public utility. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and want to make sure your experience is convenient and easy. For important information about your gas and water services, review the New Customer Booklet. We offer…


When choosing natural gas, there are many appliances to select from. Unlike other fuel sources, natural gas offers comfort, efficiency, lower operating costs and reliability. HIGH-EFFICIENCY FURNACE - Heat from a natural gas furnace or boiler feels warm and cozy. That's because the air is…

What should you do to prevent carbon monoxide (CO)?

When burning fossil fuel (wood, propane, oil, natural gas), carbon monoxide (CO) can be produced by lack of air, improperly working appliances or poor flue conditions. Follow these maintenance and inspection tips: Don't use temporary heating systems. Never use a gas or propane range to heat your…

What should I do if I have a drain blockage?

A drain blockage is not caused by M.U.D. and is the homeowner’s responsibility to fix. We recommend you call a reputable contractor or plumber to safely clean your drain.

Preparing Your Furnace For Fall

With colder months approaching, now is the time to start thinking about fall maintenance on your furnace. Some items like changing your filter monthly can be done by yourself, but to make sure everything is in proper working order it is best to call a certified Heating and Cooling contractor (HVAC…