You are here

Contact Us

How may we help you?

Please do not use e-mail to report gas and water emergencies. If you have an emergency, please call 402.554.7777. It's a free 24/7 service.

For specific questions, you may contact us by department using the phone numbers listed to the right. For general inquiries, please fill out the form below, or e-mail us.

If you are inquiring about a bill statement, please include your address and account number in your email so we may respond to your inquiry in a prompt manner.

For important information about your gas and water services, review the New Customer Booklet.

For comments about the website, e-mail the webmaster.


Service Request

Your acceptance of service from us creates a contract. If you need any clarification, please call Customer Service, 402.554.6666, or outside the calling area, 1.800.732.5864.

By accepting gas and/or water service from M.U.D., you agree to comply with all District Gas and Water Rules and Regulations, and Gas and Water Rate Schedules.

Start / Stop / Transfer Service

To stop, start or transfer service, call 402.554.6666 a minimum of two working days before your move. If you plan to move during a holiday weekend, it's best to call one week prior as many people chose those days to move. There is a processing fee to turn on or transfer service to a different address. There is no charge to turn off services.

NEW! You may also request to stop, start or transfer service with our online forms available under the My Home button.

Buying a house? Check with the seller or Realtor about the existing water service or private line. When was it installed? Have there been any repairs? If the service is very old and made of a material that can corrode, the service line may be deteriorated. If the water service line leaks, you're responsible for repairs.

Submit manual meter reading

Direct link to on-line form: You also can find it under the My Home button.


The Heat Aid Fund was established by M.U.D. in 1983 and is administered by The Salvation Army. The Fund has served more than 30,000 customers since its inception.

How it works

If you need help to pay utility bills, the first step is to contact the Nebraska Energy Assistance Program at 1.800.383.4278 or apply on-line.


  • Recipients must have received a shut-off notice and have made an attempt to qualify for assistance under other governmental programs.
  • The applicant must reside in the District's service area, be age 60 or older; or disabled (proof of disability is required); or be in a crisis situation.
  • No more than $500 per household in a heating season.
  • Applicants have to work with The Salvation Army on general budgeting skills and have a consistent payment history.

Make an appointment

To make an appointment for an interview, call The Salvation Army at 402.898.6090.


Contact Us

Enter the characters shown in the image.
panel spacer